Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Do Good Things



If you're the giving, think about people outside your own neighbourhood, sometimes put my head in the newspaper type, your thoughts are probably with the people in Haiti, and your charitable persuasions heading the same way.  We have some ways for you people to help up our sleeves, when we have something to offer befitting to the cause, we let you know, pretty soon too I imagine.

Meanwhile, it has come to my attention that one of my all-time favourite ensembles Portishead have put together an underwater behemoth of sour grind, backed by a lo-fi electro pulse, nothing like I would have expected from the trio, but a welcome departure nevertheless.  It is all in aid of Amnesty, a noble organisation who are some of the only people with an eye on the supressive wignuts regularly abusing their power around the world.


Portishead - Chase The Tear from Mintonfilm on Vimeo.

This track is a grower so I suggest you cop it and keep it on heavy rotation through this winter months.  You can buy it here, or you can get it for free if you join Amnesty.  Which you were after doing anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment